Missed out on this year's conference? Check out what you missed by reading the summaries below!
About the Conference
Grad Minds, the University of Toronto Graduate Students’ Union’s Official Mental Health Committee, is hosting an online mental health conference titled “Is it just me? Creating Space for Community, Connection, and Care” between February 14 and 18, 2022.
The conference programme is distributed over five days and focuses on cultivating community, staying connected, and caring for our bodies and mind while learning, researching, and working in graduate school. Our speakers and facilitators will grapple with and reflect upon our graduate student community’s mental health during these uncertain times and offer diverse strategies for taking care of ourselves.
We are honoured to welcome members of our University of Toronto community—Lauren Brown, Dr. Amy Clements-Cortesto, Teresa Woo, Vivian Zhang—to facilitate asynchronous and synchronous sessions throughout the week. Join Grad Minds for some game night fun on Tuesday, February 15. Our keynote speaker, Dr. Andrew B. Campbell (Dr. ABC), will deliver the conference keynote lecture on Thursday, February 17, 2022. Graduate students will join the conference facilitators in a community discussion on Friday, February 18. We look forward to connecting with you very soon!
Itinerary of Events:
- Monday, February 14 – 5 Ways to Wellbeing: Valentine's Day Love Yourself Edition
- Tuesday, February 15 – Grad Minds Games Night
- Wednesday, February 16 – Wellness Presentation: A Music, Imagery, and Relaxation Journey
- Thursday, February 17 – Keynote Lecture by Dr. Andrew B. Campbell
- Friday, February 18 – "Is it just me?" A U of T Community Chat